Explore the Useful Tips to Intake Cipro
Do you know what the atom bomb of antibiotics is? Actually, it is Cipro because it is used to treat various bacterial infections, bone and joint infections, and much more. It is the brand name for ciprofloxacin, which treats several types of infections.
It is one of the best and effective antibiotics available in the market. Even though it treats several issues, its use is highly restricted in children. Additionally, it carries the risk of tendon rupture and tendinitis.
How ciprofloxacin works
Cipro originally belongs to the group of medicine called as fluoroquinolones. Cipro actually converts two bacterial enzymes (DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV) into toxic enzymes. This hinders the manufacture and repair of DNA. In simple word, it stops/kills the bacteria and then clears up the infection. If it does not work properly, then bacteria cannot repair themselves and reproduce as well.
Uses of ciprofloxacin
Cipro is accessed to treat numerous bacterial infections and some of them listed below.
- Chest infection – Acute bronchitis and pneumonia
- Lung infection – COPD
- Eye infection – bacterial conjunctivitis
- Ear, throat, and nose infection – otitis externa and sinusitis
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Skin infections
- Urinary tract infection
Benefits of using Cipro
- The cipro online used to treat large number of infections, which occurs in respiratory tract, urinary tract, genital area, and so on
- Usually it is used in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, urinary tract infections, and sinusitis
- Also, used for the treatment of uncomplicated gonorrhea and plague
- It is also given as the preventive measure when the person have been exposed to the anthrax
- It is effective against vulnerable strains of the many gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria
Tips to use Cipro
- When taking Cipro, keep well hydrated to avoid the crystal formation and highly concentrated urine
- You may take the medication with or without food
- Try to take the medication as the directed way and time to reduce the risk of developing resistant bacteria
- Use this medicine only when the doctor prescribed to treat infection caused by bacteria because it can increase the bacteria growth
- When taking Cipro, avoid unnecessary exposure to the sun and wear sunblock when going out
- Avoid administration of medication with dairy products but can be taken with meals, which contain calcium
- Avoid alcohol when taking Cipro